Thursday 2 October 2008

Wednesday 15 November 2006

Ohhhhh - my paws REALLY hurt.

I went to Harewood Forest again today with Maisie and my partner. There were LOADS of pheasants, which all needed chasing, and we walked for simply ages. It was lovely, but I made the mistake of playing Sticks and Dog's Bottom as well as chasing wily beasties. Then, as we'd finally returned to my little green Corsa after a good two hours' walking, I spotted another pheasant lurking in the trees and sped after it. After I'd given up the chase, I was capable only of staggering pitifully back to base camp. I had to be assisted into my carriage and slept all the way home. Now my paws are raw and every character on the keyboard that I type causes me to wince. To add to my torment, my partner took advantage of my extra-sleepiness to trim my killer claw.

Perhaps some explanation is required here. Just over a year ago, an unfortunate accident befell me whilst I was engaged in a frantic rabbit chase. It wasn't until I returned home that the severity of my wound became apparent. As I jumped from my typing chair I caught a claw, previously injured in the chase, on a thread and the entire claw came fully out of my pad. Aieeeesch! It SERIOUSLY hurt. Well, prompt veterinary attention and loving care from my partner ensured a relatively swift and complete healing. My partner had the bright idea of covering my bandage with a condom, to keep it waterproof. And probably for comedy purposes also. The upshot of this business is that I now have one "mutant" claw. It grew back to a normal size, but is exceptionally hardy and does not wear down through exercise like the others. It must be clipped. My partner sneaked up with the scissors while I slumbered, and the claw was pruned and ready for another few months of active service before I had registered what she was up to.

Anyway, despite my aching limbs and throbbing paws, it has been a lovely day. My partner sent The Text Message to BC just ten minutes ago. I shall stick to her like a barnacle to ensure her wellbeing and keep the blog updated with news. I already follow her into the toilet and bathroom, so she is used to my limpet-like behaviour and probably won't notice any difference.

Good night.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Jasper, my sweetest one! Yes, it's me Angie becoming loyal and devoted on here instead of 'that other place'. I have just left a final comment on your final entry over there, which you should be able to read as it didn't reject me. Glad you've published you other entries. Now people can see who you are. Catch you very soon
lots of love, xx

Angie said...

Me again! Speaking from the vantage point of October 2008, I wonder what you'll do when your Little Green Corsa at length has to be replaced by, say, a Big Blue Focus. Jasper without his LGC....doesn't bear thinking about!

Looking forward to reading your first slap bang up to date entry on Blogspot.

love, Angie, xx