Sunday 4 July 2010

Sunday 4 July 2010

Sometimes I have to wonder - Is it that I am always in trouble; or is it that trouble is always in me?


It wasn't completely my fault.  It was a devious and pungent rabbit that led me astray.  Honest. 
 
Yes; I promised that I would never do it again.  Yes; I broke that promise. 
 
But I DID go back to the car park ('tis where I was found the following morning).  Can I be blamed for the fact that my partner gave up waiting for me after a mere three and a half hours?
 
Oh.  Apparently I CAN be blamed.  However, there is, as always, a price to be paid for my crimes.  And here it is:
 
 
 
 
This hurts more than it looks, I can assure you.  And my partner looks like death-on-a-stick.  Oh, why, WHY did I do it?  As well as the pain, I still have to be physically supported whilst I go to the toilet and undertake other routine activities such as eating and climbing into bed.
 
We will survive this.  But, for now, my eyes hurt and my paws still sting most cruelly, so I bid you a good afternoon.

4 comments:

Lance said...

Jasper, oh Jasper...

I am so very glad you're back and, except for the fact you have some painful injuries (from which I'm sure you'll recover), you're ok.

BUT (and you knew there was going to be a but!)... you MUST STOP RUNNING OFF AND GETTING AWAY FROM YOUR RUTH!! I really don't care how fun the pursuit is. I really don't care if you mean no harm. The fact of the matter is this: NONE OF US (Myself included all the way over here in the Colonies... and ESPECIALLY your Ruth) needs the stress of worrying about your welfare!

PLEASE try not to do this again!! Please?!?

I still love you, and send all my best wishes for a speedy recovery for both you and your Ruth.

XXOO, Lance

The Animal Doctor said...

OH MY GOODNESS JASPER!!! I am hyperventilating. Grrrr!

You know why? Because I enjoyed a lazy, peaceful, and relaxing weekend, without any inkling of Ruth's overnight despair,without the slightest idea of the tragic news that I will find on your blog come Monday- that is, if the worst had happened to you ( read: found dead, gone for good).

Oh Jasper, my weekends will never be the same again. I can never relax and think that everything is okay with the world, with my friends.

Please, please, please, dont ever run off again. You are still one of my favorite canines,I just want you to hang around longer.

~ The Secretary

Angie said...

What a relief! I'm so glad you're OK I can't think how to be cross with you!

For one so clever and intelligent you can be incredibly daft at times. But I do see, as an experienced housemate of various dogs and even mother-substitute to some, that sometimes it's old Mother Nature that takes over and you just do what dogs do.

Same with us not-dogs: it's in our nature to nurture and that's why we care about you so very much. It's why we would rob a bank if that's what it took to right a wrong against you or make you better. Will that make any difference when you look like getting into a scrape? I think not but TRY eh?

lots of love, as always,
Angie, xxx

Keetha Broyles said...

Great blog! I was just sent your way by a mutual blogging friend.