Thursday 3 December 2020

Thursday 3 December 2020

Today was a day I did not want to have.

Not once - but twice - to the vet's. I have got some pain in my back and my neck.  I had some about six months ago but I got some medicine and it went away.  Yesterday it was sore and I was a bit sick, so today - when I was even more sore and in pain - Mistress took me to see a nice lady vet.  They took away some of my blood and did some tests on it (that was why we had to go back, to get the results).  The tests said that I was very well.  All except one.  That said that there might be something wrong with me called Cushing's Syndrome.  Well, it's probably either that or I have got something wrong with my spine. Oh poo.

Mistress is very sad.  She did cry.  So I did what she does to make me feel better when I does cry - I gave her a cuddle and barked that it will all be alright soon.  I don't think it helped very much, but it made me feel a bit better.

I cheered up even more when I found out that Mistress had to collect some of my wee to put in a tube for the vet to test.  The vet gave Mistress a special yellow cup to catch the wee.  On my walk, I was careful to do my first big wee before Mistress was properly ready with the cup.  She ran to try and catch some and almost tripped over her boots.  Too late!  Each time she thought I was about to do some more I skipped neatly out of reach as soon as the yellow cup came out.  I managed to develop the knack of almost squatting down to pee and then dancing out of the way at the last moment.  Mistress didn't look very pleased, though she did manage to capture a few millilitres of pee-wee when I couldn't avoid going any longer.  She said it wasn't enough.

I wondered how far she would go to succeed in her quest for my liquid gold.  I decided to see what would happen.  I led her into thorny bushes, by the principal site favoured by the cows for their prodigious and foul turds, into the area of the ant-hills but, to her credit, she stayed right behind holding outstretched the ever-present yellow cup.  It was all to no victory, however (for her at least). I edged too far ahead too quickly for my final pee, Mistress running after me holding out the cup, and then I didn't need to go again.  Mistress said that she will fill the chalice on my final pre-bedtime pee, when I will be on the lead and "can't escape". So I am to be thwarted anyway!  Never mind.  I hope the wee will tell that I am going to be alright.  I don't want to have to stop being me just yet.

Me, trying to be brave.  And looking for cow poos.



I am trying to keep my head thinking about nice things.  Like the Christmas lights in our little town.  They really are remarkably pretty this year and very much help to gladden a sorry heart.  Here is a picture of the main street in the town.

Thank you to the A-------d Pigs
(they put up the trees and this picture).


And, in our little town, they have asked people to put up light displays.  After people had signed up to do this, they (not sure who but I suspect church involvement) have produced a trail sheet for people to fill in with where they find the lights and there are little prizes for the winners.  Here are my lights.




So I am trying very hard to keep my eyes to the light and think about nice, pretty, bright things.  Even if I am a little bit scared.  But I am doing mostly alright, I am happy, I have got some very good tablets (not weird ones which make me sing, see funny things and fall over like the last ones).  It will all be alright soon.

In the meantime, stay safe, be nice to each other and keep smiling.

Lots of love from Gisèle x

No comments: