Tuesday 15 December 2020

Tuesday 15 December 2020

The festive lights continue to shine and sparkle on my little furry head as I continue padding towards Christmas.  I am still getting a bit tired (extra walks at the moment, which I am not going to scupper by complaining about) but am feeling lots better.  Mistress is doing something the vet said to do called "weaning me off the tablets".  I don't mind this but I'm not pleased about the reduction in treats, which inexplicably seems to be going hand-in-paw with the weaning.  Mad.

Mistress didn't get arrested by the military police, which she is very pleased about.  This all started when I was at my favourite exercise place a few days ago and a MASSIVE Chinook helicopter (the one with two sets of blades) descended and hovered really close to us.  Mistress said it looked like they were doing something called a "training exercise".  It really was very low indeed.  It hovered a bit and then flew off.  I made Mistress take some pictures to put on here, but she said they were a bit blurry (most of her pictures are anyway).  But the very next day, almost at the same time, the Chinook came back again, very low and hovering the same way.  "Pictures!  Pictures!" I barked, jumping up and down, and Mistress did take some.  Then the Chinook rose and flew away, only to come back again and do the same hovering close to the ground stuff about 15 minutes later.  "Again! Again! Pictures again!" I yipped.  And then the Chinook flew over us, very close, in a circle and departed the scene.  Mistress put her camera away then.  I got cross but she explained that perhaps it was not a good idea to be spotted in the same (rather remote, GrannaPea has to drive us there in her car) location two days running, taking photographs of what was obviously a training exercise.  We went home then.  We haven't seen the Chinook again since, so I think we might be OK.  I would quite like a ride in a helicopter, I think.  But not a ride that ends up in prison.  I told Mistress that I wouldn't put the pictures on here and she said that was probably a good idea.

Barking of rides, the local steam railway has been running a special train at night time, all especially lit up with thousands of lights.  I have had a ride on the steam train and I liked it very much, but it was in the day time a few years ago and not a special Christmas train.  I have got a ticket for a special train that Mistress bought me, but not for the lights train and I can't use it yet.  Here it is:

Accio sweets trolley!

I wanted to use it to get a ride on the lights train but Mistress said it wouldn't work.  I was building up a fair head of steam myself for a tantrum, but then the train went past and it was so pretty that I forgot to be cross.  Here are some more of Mistress's dodgy pictures:

Here it comes...

Here it is!

There it goes...

Back at the station.

We walked back to GrannaPea's car through the churchyard (where my Mr. Roger, Mistress's father, has to be now) and I stopped to look at the church Christmas display.

Very nice.  But it was cold and 
I didn't sit still for long...


It was very nice to see the train and the Christmas displays.  I like to see that there is still light in all of these dark and miserable times.  Mistress says that, next, I can help her make something called a "Christingle".  My friend Luna (she only came to live in my road earlier this year and before that she was in a sad way in a foreign country. She is nice and friendly and I am glad she is my friend and that she lives nearby in a happy home) barks that she thinks a Christingle is an orange with a match stuck on it, but I don't think that she has ever seen a proper one, so I'm not sure.  I hope it doesn't tingle too much.  Tingles make me nervous.

Stay safe, be nice to each other and keep smiling.

Lots of love from Gisèle x


No comments: