Monday 7 December 2020

Monday 7 December 2020

The day started early today for Mistress and me.  We had got as far as GrannaPea's house when our mobile telephone rang.  It was the vet.

They have tested my pee-wee.  I got a result of 38.8 (but I don't know what out of) and they said that normal was 34.  So not scary but it might mean that I have to have some more tests.  I have to go back and see another vet on Thursday and keep taking my tablets and Mistress has to measure how much water I drink every day.  I am not scared and Mistress is buying me something nice from the pet shop tomorrow as a special treat.  I might have to have another wee test in a bit but I think I will be good for the next one if it happens, because this one was OK.  Although it was funny to have Mistress chasing me over the field with the little yellow cup.

Today it has been very cold.  Mistress said it was cold enough for snow, but the man who lives inside the television didn't say that we were going to have any.  I like snow, but I would like it better if it wasn't so cold.

GrannaPea has been decorating the inside of the house for Christmas.  Not too many decorations, but some nice ones.  Not ones for eating, which I think should be very much essential to make anything right for Christmas.  And all of the other days in a year.  Mistress says this isn't (a) true and (b) going to happen.  She says I will steal and eat them all.  Me...? Oh no.  I am pure and good.  Unless no-one can see what I am doing, of course...

Here I am, modelling some of our festive items.  Mistress says she will say that I have "got tinsellitis".  I says she will not.  I thinks it is bad enough that these pictures even exist.
 

Help me...


Mistress couldn't take me for a very long walk today. Yesterday she slipped on a wet leaf and fell down some steps.  Now she walks funny and her knees are purple but I think she will be OK.  The last time she slipped and fell over was in the snow ten years ago, when she was out on a walk with my predecessor, the noble Jasper, and he didn't help by trying to console Mistress with the thought that at least she had a fat bottom to cushion her fall - here: Jasper lets himself down.  

Nothing like that this time - Mistress fell forwards, on to her knees, so not even her fat bottom could save her.

I am going to try to work on making my wee a bit more normal and also to try to look forward to seeing the vet again on Thursday.  It will all be alright.

Stay safe, be nice to each other and keep smiling.

Lots of love from Gisèle x

No comments: