Saturday 19 December 2020

Saturday 19 December 2020

I am doing my best to keep the candle of hope in my little "social bauble" Christingle alight.  Here I am with it:


I didn't eat the sweets.

Here I am, busy making it
(and not eating the sweets).


Mistress and I have just finished watching the Prime Minister's special broadcast to the nation about the new, even worse (if that was at all possible) type of Coronavirus strain and the cancellation of Christmas allowances.  They have got a new tier, tier 4 (or perhaps it should be tears), for London and the surrounding counties.  Not here yet, but I take no pleasure in this.  It is all especially sad and very worrying.  In an evening I usually sit in my own chair but for the special news broadcast I sat on Mistress's lap and she gave me a cuddle.  I do very much hope that human people are sensible and do what they are supposed to do.  After all, I have to behave myself even when I sometimes don't want to.  It is difficult at times, especially when being naughty is usually so much fun.  But I want people to be alright.  And there is a vaccine out and about now (they said on the television that over 350,000 humans have already had the first of the two jabs).  That is at least something to make a tail wag.

Mistress has bought all of the presents I instructed her to buy and they are all wrapped up now.  I did tell her that she must get some edible ones so that I could steal and eat them, but she didn't.  She says that I have already got my big chew AND the meat she got for me to take my tablets with (my last one tomorrow).  So I will have to be happy with that.

I am going to do my very best to keep wagging my tail and keep hoping for very much happier days ahead.  They will come, I know it.  And I am Gisèle-Stephanie - I can't be wrong.

Stay safe, be nice to each other and keep smiling.

Lots of love from Gisèle x


No comments: