Wednesday 23 December 2020

Wednesday 23 December 2020


Oh big, massive, annoying, HUGE, stinky CAT-WILLIES.

I am sorry (not really, but I will pretend I am).  There has just been on the news that my area is going to be in the new Coronavirus Tier 4.  That means I can hardly do anything except wipe my own bottom.

Mistress says that this isn't really true.  She can still go to the shops and buy my food.  I can still go and play in the park.  So that will be alright, I suppose.  I am very sad that I won't be able to go and see my cousin Doug this Christmas, but Mistress says it has to be.  Maybe next year.

I was happy this morning.  See here:


Before Tier 2 became Tears 4


Yesterday I helped Mistress to finish wrapping our Christmas presents.  Well, not quite finished - Mistress forgot one of my instructions for GrannaPea so she has to do that tomorrow.  Good.  That will give me some time to stage a full assault on our Christmas tree.  I know for a fact that there is at least one present wrapped up for me there.  Mistress has put it where she thinks I won't be able to reach it.  But that won't stop me from trying...

I am good at climbing trees.

Me, being good at climbing trees.
Can you spot me?

Today, with this virus news, I feel a bit like I am at the bottom of a big tree, looking up at high, difficult and spiky branches.  The view from the top will be lovely, but climbing up will be hard.  It might hurt.  It will not be easy at all, and sometimes I might fall back down a bit.  But it will be worth it in the end.  However hard and high the tree is, however awkward the branches are, and however small and clumsy I might be, I will never give up trying to climb it.  Please don't you give up either.

Hopefully I will meet you there at the top.

Stay safe, be nice to each other and keep smiling.

Lots of love from Gisèle x

No comments: