Sunday 29 November 2020

Sunday 29 November 2020

I am very cross indeed.  It is all Mistress's fault.

I am a sociable terrier and I like playing with my friends.  I know that there is a Big Nasty Thing (not Donald Trump.  Well, yes HIM, but the other really bad Covid thing) out in the world and we have to be safe.  But I have been a very good girl for 33 days in a row and I am bored of it now.  And my writing starts to get bad if I get cross.

I am normally a very patient and good girl - Mistress and lots of people say that I am a very chilled-out young lady.  But today I am cross.  I have told Mistress that this virus must stop, but she says it doesn't work like that.  But those are my orders. I demand that it goes away and that I be allowed to play freely.  But still the answer is no.

Mistress took a cheeky picture of me, which normally is OK because I look pretty even when I's being cheeky but it just made me feel hot and cross.  I wanted to bite Mistress but I took it out on my chew from the pet shop instead.  It didn't even squeal at me; it just sat there, cold and dead, staring at me.  Mistress says that this is "normal for chews".  I said some rude words about the picture, which is of me next to a bag with a message on it which I am sure she will use to make a snippy comment about me.  Mistress says she will put it on here.  I says she will not.  Mistress asks me if I want my dinner tonight.  I says BRING ON THE PICTURE! 

To use a human expression, I am climbing the walls.  I thought it might get a bit easier.  But I find only frustration and I gets cross at things that didn't used to annoy me before.  And when will it end?  I thought that if you is a good girl then nice things happen as a reward.  But there is just NO end.  Every day, no release or special treats.  Just more like the same. I hates it.

Mistress says to be brave and that it will be alright soon.  But she always says that.

…..

I have been out for a walk now and I feel a bit better.  I went to a favourite place locally (one of Jasper's favourites too) where I played with my new ball, shouted at a distant pheasant, behaved myself very well (good girl Giz) with the grazing cattle and met one of my friends.  That was nice.  And the Christmas trees have been put up in our little town, on all of the shops and buildings and they look pretty.  That is a good thing.  And in a minute Mistress is doing a writing course on something I don't understand called Zoom. The course is not called Zoom and it's not about anyone doing any zooming.  It's from Chawton House and is about writing.  I don't understand why she is bothering.  Jasper was writing this blog since the middle of 2006 and now I am writing it and so I don't understand why she wants to get in on the act.  Perhaps she is jealous.  Well, lots of people is jealous of me and I don't mind, as long as they are my friends as well.

And I barked before about the Christmas lights which have gone up today. That DOES make me feel happy.  Where I live, there is one big tree and a nativity in the main street and all the shops and houses in the middle of the town have an individual tree with lights on them.  It's very nice, I will try and get Mistress to take a photograph.

I feel better now.  I have had my dinner as well.  Maybe Mistress is right.  Maybe it WILL be alright in the end and in the meantime we will just have to do the best that we can.

And barking of photographs...

Me, asleep after my walk and dinner.


I asked Mistress about the photograph.  She said that, pound-for-pound, and even including jewels and precious metals, the best value thing in the world (and what you can really trust when life is grim) is a dog.  She says you always get more out than you put in. Well, that is nice.  I just pray that she is not talking about my dinner...

Stay safe, be nice to each other and keep smiling.

Lots of love from Gisèle x



No comments: