Tuesday 5 January 2021

Tuesday 5 January 2021

A very happy new year to you.  Such as it is.  The Coronavirus news gets worse almost by the hour.  At least 60,916 new cases here in the UK just today, over a million in total now, and a complete new countrywide lockdown for who knows how long.  And our toilet exploded this morning.

But Mistress says that we have to keep hopeful.  Even though more people than ever are dying and the evil virus continues to spread unabated at least we have two vaccines that dwell among us now.  Something of a miracle when you think about it.  Mistress's brother has already had his first injection and we very much hope that her sister-in-law and GrannaPea have theirs very soon.  I am very frightened now (I wasn't before) and I want Mistress to have it too.  But Mistress isn't in a vulnerable group and says that it is more important that other peoples have it first, the peoples that need it more.  Mistress was very ill last year and in hospital for a long time, but she says that she feels better now than she has done for a very long time and it will all be alright.  I think she is very annoyed about the toilet today.  I was tempted to laugh when I saw all the water pouring out but it really wasn't very funny.  A plumber is coming on Thursday and Mistress and I are taking temporary refuge with GrannaPea (a good blessing that we are able to do that).

Did you have a nice Christmas (even despite the circumstances)?  I did.  I went to church on Christmas Eve with Mistress and GrannaPea and got a blessing from the Bishop (the second time I have been blessed by a Bishop).  Mistress laughs and says she never understands why I don't burst into flames whenever I set a paw upon sanctified ground... Heheeheee.  I have always been a cheeky pickle, but Mistress says she wouldn't have it any other way.  And I have never been vicious (unless you are of the squirrel or rat persuasion...).

I got some very nice presents.  A pretty new bouncy ball from my friend Luna, some new chews, some biscuits, different treats and a very tasty turkey dinner.

With my favourite new chew. Although I didn't want to have
my picture taken.  I was tired and my Giz-tuft had gone all flat.


My fangs get on with their toothy business.


Actually I had three turkey dinners (but not all on the same day).  A very good haul for me this time, hehe.  But I am grateful for whatever I have, especially at the moment.

When, in June 2012, my tender little claws first fell upon this blog - and even looking back at August 2006, when Jasper-Horatio committed his first bark to the screen - who knew that I would be writing about such things as are happening today...?  Madness.  And an exploding toilet.

Stay safe, be nice to each other, don't give up hope and keep smiling.

Lots of love from Gisèle x

No comments: