Thursday 21 January 2021

Thursday 21 January 2021

When I started typing this it was 21:21 on the 21st day of the 21st year of the 21st century.  I don't suppose that means anything really, but it isn't something that happens every day.

Mistress has had further toilet-trauma.  We are still staying at GrannaPea's but have been going to our house to do tidyings and things.  There, we found that the toilet which we thought had been fixed was actually still not mended and water was once again pouring onto the floor when we pulled the handle.  Mistress was very angry.  She telephoned for a plumber and was told that no-one could come until February.  Happily, yesterday, they had a cancellation and so Mistress received a text message to say that plumber "Jake" would soon be arriving.

We went to our house to await Jake's arrival.  Only it wasn't Jake.  It was our friend Ross, from before.  He at least had the grace to look slightly ashamed of having to fix the problem that he failed to fix before (he forgot to include a key part and some sturdy screws in his previous effort).  I made sure to supervise him extra-closely, with my special bug-eyed expression so he knew I meant business.  I think the repairs have worked properly this time.  I hope so, for his young sake, anyway.  But why did they call him Jake, when he is Ross?  Or maybe his real name isn't Jake. Is it even Ross?  But whoever he is, I am grateful for his efforts.

And barking of annoying toilets being successfully flushed, my friends in America have a new leader and I am glad.  I hope that he will bring better things to the world in general.  More dignity and respect in any case, and that is always a good place to begin.

I look a bit dubious, but only because it was my dinner-time
and Mistress should have been getting my meal instead of
 making me pose for pictures...

I have hope for happier times ahead.  Even if it is still a bit difficult at the moment.

Stay safe, be nice to each other, don't give up hope and keep smiling.

Lots of love from Gisèle x

1 comment:

Ava Garcia said...

Such an interesting blog! the information is well-written. I love this article. Thank you for sharing this to us