Saturday 12 December 2020

Saturday 12 December 2020

A week can make a lot of difference to a Parson Jack Russell Terrier.

Just last week I was on tablets twice daily, not altogether comfortable and my water intake was being measured day and night.  Now, I have been to the vet, told that I am well, I am allowed to stop taking the tablets and I have a handsome new harness to wear from the pet shop (to make things better for my neck, which is where some pain was).  The man in the pet shop ordered it especially for me and unpacked it and put it on me.  AND I got a little sausage from the treat box.  I think I will shop there again...

I don't have to go back to the vet again.  They did find something wrong with my jaw, which is a bit of a funny shape, but that is left over from when I was very young and was in a fight.  It's OK.  It doesn't stop me from being beautiful, hehehe... and I don't mind it.  Mistress says that if it isn't painful or making me unhappy then she won't force me to have a big operation to fix it.  I'm happy with that.  I like my face, and so do all of my husbands - and that's quite a wide cross-section of the local canine population.  The vet found the scar tissue from when I was impaled on a spike as well (that was my fault - I ran onto it when chasing a squirrel and was skewered from shoulder to groin.  Awful.  I had surgery for nearly six hours and only survived by a miracle.  I pulled myself off the spike unaided though (Mistress was running to help me when I just did it on my own and we hastened straight to the emergency vet).  That was years ago now and I STILL never even put a single paw in that bit of the woods again to this day).  But I only bark about it now because the vet found the bump where the entry-wound was repaired and sealed - I thought that was very impressive and it made me feel happy that she was very careful in looking for lots of things.  And so I think I will be alright.

There has been lots more to be cheerful about in my little town this week as well.  Sadly, because of the human Covid thing, Father Christmas couldn't visit the town centre and hand out presents to the local little children like he does every year.  So he and his helpers visited the streets instead!  With his sleigh on the back of a pickup-truck (he couldn't fly because the reindeer had to go back and isolate at the North Pole after Prancer developed a cough and couldn't taste his carrots), Santa and his helpers drove around nearly all the streets in the town.  They didn't stop, but a map and times were published and shared in lots of places and people could line the route by their houses and see him go by.  And all of the little children got a gift (a book and a little sack of chocolate coins - they even took care to make sure that children from the same house got a different book to their sibling).  It was very lovely to see and made me feel very Christmassy.

 
Santa's helpers and the great man himself pass by a very GOOD little girl
(who, I repeat, has been VERY good this year and should get lots of presents).
Sorry these pictures are blurry.  GrannaPea was overexcited at seeing Santa.

Not even Coronavirus can stop FC.
Thank you to the local PIGS Association for helping him.


I didn't get a present (you have to be under 7 to get one and I am not).  I thought my luck might be on the turn when Mistress chased after Santa's sleigh - but she only went to put some money in his charity bucket.  Ah well.  At least I have my lovely new harness to cheer me.  It would have been better if it was pink, but it is very comfortable and helps my neck to be OK, so I am happy with that.


 
This season's essential accessory.


So, apart from not getting a present from Santa (which I don't REALLY mind, as they are for the children, and I do alright for presents in general anyway), it has been a very happy week.

We have also recently had some near-misses with the local military (not to do with any ladies - I am a real, proper miss, not a near miss) but that will have to wait for another time.  I am just about to eat my dinner and then I am going out in a minute to look at a steam train go by, all brightly lit up especially for Christmas.  Happy days.

Stay safe, be nice to each other and keep smiling.

Lots of love from Gisèle x

No comments: