Sunday, 11 September 2011

Sunday 11 September 2011

Can it really have been ten whole years?  TEN years?  But it seems like only yesterday...

My partner and I are watching live coverage from the site of the World Trade Centre.  When it happened, I was just a young lad, barely two years old.  I hadn't even met my partner.  Now - ten years on -  I, myself, am dying.

I don't know what the next few days, weeks, perhaps months, may bring me - but I do know that, when I reach the next world, I will be able to tell those whom we lost that they are not forgotten; that they are still loved.  I would consider that an honour.

Remember the suffering living, and honour the innocent dead.


Sirius
. PAPD Sniffer-Dog killed on duty when the North Tower of the WTC collapsed on Tuesday, 11/9/2001.


Sirius's body is recovered on January 22, 2002. His partner, PAPD Officer David Lim, helped to carry him home.




Good afternoon.
Post a Comment