Sunday 11 September 2011

Sunday 11 September 2011

Can it really have been ten whole years?  TEN years?  But it seems like only yesterday...

My partner and I are watching live coverage from the site of the World Trade Centre.  When it happened, I was just a young lad, barely two years old.  I hadn't even met my partner.  Now - ten years on -  I, myself, am dying.

I don't know what the next few days, weeks, perhaps months, may bring me - but I do know that, when I reach the next world, I will be able to tell those whom we lost that they are not forgotten; that they are still loved.  I would consider that an honour.

Remember the suffering living, and honour the innocent dead.


Sirius
. PAPD Sniffer-Dog killed on duty when the North Tower of the WTC collapsed on Tuesday, 11/9/2001.


Sirius's body is recovered on January 22, 2002. His partner, PAPD Officer David Lim, helped to carry him home.




Good afternoon.

2 comments:

Lance said...

Yes, Jasper, it has, indeed, been TEN years. And yet, thinking back to that day still brings tears to my eyes.

Thank you, and your Ruth, for your kind and loving thoughts today (and always).

With LOADS of love from your favourite Colonist.

XXOO, Lance

Lady Miss Till said...

Trifle late in the week Sir Jasp. I was not even a twinkle in my mother's eye then. My human has told me all about it and how even 3000 miles away in England people shared the horror and grief felt by so many others.