Sunday 12 September 2010

Sunday 12 September 2010

It is with a profound sense of loss that I announce the death of my wife, the Springer Spaniel, Isolde.

She had been poorly for some time, following an operation, ultimately succumbing to pneumonia a few days ago, after losing all will to eat and drink.  I grieve for her.


Our Wedding
Rest in peace, my beautiful Queen.  The day of our reunion will come one day, and we shall once again run side by side.

I suppose that Candy will be pleased - I have now been pre-deceased by all of my wives, so she is going to think that her way is clear.  I suppose I have been keeping her waiting long enough.  As long as I remember to avoid using Rosie's name in her presence...

Mrs. Isolde Henderson-Stafford
(1999 - 2010)

Good night.

4 comments:

The Animal Doctor said...

Jasper, please accept our condolences...


your friends,
The Animal Doctor's furry crew
Scarlet
Moymoy
Trudis
Jappy
Woody
Bambi

P.S The word verification for this comment is "mated". How apt when you are posting about the passing of your beloved mate.

Angie said...

Our condolences too Sir Jasper H. A sad day for you.

BUT I have to say Candy wants her brains scraped if she wants to be Heiress Apparent. With your record for being pre-deceased by wives I think I'd settle for bezzie mates!

Keetha Broyles said...

I'm so sorry to read of your loss.

For goodness sakes, don't RUSH into a new relationship - - - - make sure you give yourself time to grieve.

Lance said...

My sympathies Sir Jasper. I never had the chance to meet Isolde, but I'm sure she was a lovely lady in every way.

My love, as always, to you & your Ruth.

XXOO, Lance