Wednesday 7 April 2010

Wednesday 7 April 2010

Easter weekend Sunday was one of those rather lovely occasions, where nothing out of the normal routine was anticipated, but an unexpected suggestion of an excursion leads to a delightful day out.

My partner and I were engaged to dine with her parents, where my partner's brother and sister-in-law and their delightful children, Ewan and Carys, were staying for the weekend.  Ewan is always charming, and Carys continues to grow into an exceptional young lady - particularly fond of me, which indicates wise judgement.

I dined in fine style, finishing off the childrens' splendid roast beef dinners, in addition to the scraps originally intended for me.  I received an Easter egg made from "doggy chocolate" from Maisie, which my partner is carefully rationing (bah!).  Not only this, but, out of the blue, my partner's father proposed an excursion to the nearest seaside location, Lepe Country Park.  This proposal was met with joyful acceptance and we travelled in two vehicles to the sea front.

Utterly delightful.  We had a good walk, I took a swim or two, played with several dogs also enjoying a spring afternoon outdoors, and helped Ewan and my partner to build a sand-castle.  To top it all, I was presented with a large lamb bone on my return - a meaty bone so large, in fact, that even I was unable to finish it, having to reluctantly relinquish the bit that was too much for me to the waste-bin.

I take to the water for the first time this year.  Lovely.

After a super day trip and a hearty supper.


Can there be a more enjoyable thing in life than an impromptu day out?

Good night.

2 comments:

Lance said...

Well, Sir Jasper, I'm ever so glad you were able to enjoy Easter with an impromptu outing. From the pictures, it appears you had a wonderful day -- as, I'm sure, did your Ruth and her family.

About those pictures, the second one in particular... how in the world did you allow that picture to be posted on your blog without even a (muffled) growl of an argument. Not exactly one of the most flattering photos I've ever seen of you, Jazz.

XXOO, Lance

Angie said...

Well, maybe not the most flattering photo ever but a real "Ooooh, int he CUTE" sort of thing. A tickle on the tum picture and it's lovely. Nothing our Sal likes better than a nice tickle on the tum - unless it's an edible delicacy.

Sorry Jasper - that was a typical 'people' speech wasn't it? Oh well, I'm only human, I can't help it.

But Carys - what a lovely name. It just begs for a gorgeous Welsh accent to say it with.

By the way- how early does one have to get up to be first on your comments list? Here I am not much after 7am and Lance is here already. I see your list of followers is growing too. Nearly as long as Dr Who's scarf!