Saturday 27 February 2010

Saturday 27 February 2010

I have been afflicted with an unsettled belly since Wednesday, and passing gas of increasing toxicity, without control.  Yesterday evening, my partner decided that enough was enough.

This is where a certain Phillippines-based vet, secretary, and their furry family (http://theanimaldoctor.blogspot.com/) hove unwittingly into view.  I believed these good folk to be my friends; I may now have to reassess my views.

My partner recalled seeing a post on their otherwise excellent blog, which offered advice on how to "express a dog's anal sac" at home.  Re-reading the instructions on this traitorous blog-post, my partner then proceeded to grasp and then squeeze the appointed portions of my fire-escape and the botty-glands offered up their sweet nectar to the waiting absorbent paper-tissue.

I concede that I can date the commencement of my recovery to that point.  Although the recovery process is slow, I am already feeling much relieved, and less hesitant about evacuating my fragrant bowels.  However - this should not be taken as my endorsement of such methods.  Those who post instructions online for easily-led and gullible partners to read should examine their consciences.

Good night.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Jasper, you ARE funny. I don't suppose it was exactly star prize for Ruth either, Eeeugh! Think how much our lovely blog-mate saved you in vet fees! It must have been a good few weeks' dinners for sure.

Tons of love, Angie, xx

The Animal Doctor said...

Sorry Jasper, I cant stop laughing.

I was surprised to read this while going through your old posts ( i missed a lot while i was gone!). i have a sickening confession. Its quite addicting for me to squeeze out that gooey, brownish paste from my dogs' anal glands. The smell is quite aromatic too. Hehehe

-The Secretary