Monday 30 November 2009

Monday 30 November 2009

I really am most inordinately annoyed.

I wasn't going to post a blog entry tonight, but I have been stung into it against my will.  For goodness' sake...

Now, I am fond of all of my neighbours - except the g*t next door, who "entertains" us with his electric guitar most evenings and whinges for all the rest of the time.  The first thing he ever said on beholding my partner as we moved in was "I don't like dogs."  In fact, he doesn't like dogs, cats, birds, small children, big children, women, etc... And he always deliberately parks his car across TWO spaces.  I digress.

To the point.  In between my returning home from work and my popping out a few moments ago to download a wee-mail, the house opposite has been decorated with.... CHRISTMAS LIGHTS!  NOOOOOO!!!!!  It's only November!  Argh!!!

Now then.  I will attempt to be reasonable.  The lady who lives in the house (with her children) has a boyfriend and I understand that he is a Muslim.  Therefore, perhaps they are celebrating the festival of Eid.

But methinks I am being generous.  They are Christmas lights and I know it.  Tinsel is present.

I haven't even opened the first door of my Advent calendar and already coloured lights are twinkling into my living room.   Grrrowl.

If the lights are joined by a ruddy-cheeked, illuminated, plastic Santa I will be left with no option but to "take steps".

Good night.

2 comments:

Lance said...

Oh for heavens sake Jasper, get ahold of yourself!! SOME of us (your very FAVOURITE Colonist included) wait very patiently for Christmas ALL YEAR LONG!! And when it finally does arrive, it goes by far too quickly.

I suppose you'd be horrified to know I had the (albeit artificial) tree up and fully decorated the day after Thanksgiving (that holiday you don't recognize or celebrate), this past Friday to be exact. The wreath is up above the garage door & the little evergreen shrub is all decked out in pretty BLUE lights.

I'd send pictures, but I'm not quite sure how to do that.

So, come on, mate... show a wee bit o' Christmas Cheer and RELAX!! Even YOU were celebrating the fact the trees were up AND LIT in town this past weekend!

It's only for one month. Then it's back to boring and blah for another 11 months!

And always remember Sir Jasper: I love you -- and your Ruth -- to death! Muuuuaaahhh!! =)

XXOO, Lance

The Animal Doctor said...

Jasper, you're not too old for Christmas, come on!

~Scarlet