Today marks the 20 years to the day since Jasper-Horatio Stafford first placed paw on keyboard and started this blog.
Twenty years! Gisele did a lot better than me for keeping it going. I am a very tardy keeper. But I am here and I am happy. Miss Roo still has a dog by her side and we face our days together with wagging tails and happy hearts. We still walk Dartmoor together...
The feline veteran from Jasper's day, Honey (HONEY'S DEBUT - 22 AUGUST 2010), is still alive and going strong. She is the last from those days.
Here she is, outside our house. Still proudly ginger, still purring at the world.Here are links to Jasper's first post and his fifth anniversary entry:
So much more is still here to enjoy - the years of Ewan and Fizzy (JASPER EXPLAINS LADY PROBLEMS TO EWAN - NOVEMBER 2008, EWAN & THE FENCE - SEPT 2010, PIGS LICKED - FEB 2010), the adventures of feisty Gisele-Stephanie (GIZMO FIND HER STYLE - JUNE 2012)- and my own dubious debut (ORY TAKES A BOW - MAY 2023 A BETTER EFFORT - APRIL 2024)We do seem to get in a few scrapes, Miss Roo and I. Our latest Dartmoor trip saw us almost perish from hypothermis during the longest drought and heatwave the UK has ever known. You could not make it up. It doesn't quite top my misadventures in absconding with Miss Roo's phone and car key, involving numerous members of His Majesty's Armed Forces and concealment of an entire chicken curry in bra and pants (IF YOU MUST KNOW), but a misadventure nonetheless. To that end, Miss Roo and I have devised a "Dartmoor Bingo" card... Some of these we have already marked off with our bingo-dabber - which one will be next, I wonder...?
At least ONE of the undabbed squares has already been "achieved" - can you guess which one?
Twenty years ago today, Jasper took to this blog for the first time, telling of how he bent his steps to Abbotstone. I bent my dainty paws there tonight - I share Jasper's and Gisele's delight in the place.
Thank you for reading. Keep smiling always.






No comments:
Post a Comment