Wednesday 3 February 2021

Wednesday 3 February 2021

 In this picture you find me sleepy in my basket.  I have had a very busy few days.


I have been helping Mistress and GrannaPea to make our house better.  I have been enjoying lots of walks.  Now, Mistress is watching a special programme about Captain Sir Tom Moore, who passed away yesterday.  He always seemed like a very nice person.

I am happy to bark that GrannaPea has had her first Coronavirus vaccine jab, on Saturday.  Obviously, I went along to supervise.

Here I am, standing sentinel...

Custodian of the accompanying leaflet...

I had a strategy, too, for ensuring my own dose of the jab (we dogs can't catch the virus, but one can never be too sure...).  I was going to scuttle in, in place of GrannaPea, claim that I was a sufferer of restricted growth with body-hair issues and an unfortunate facial abnormality (they were Mistress's badly-chosen words), and proffer my supple little forearm just as the needle descended.   But I was thwarted in the final moment.  Mistress said that GrannaPea needed the injection and, in any case, she had to go into the building by herself.

I told Mistress that when I had finished having my picture taken (see above) I would break into the back of the hotel and steal all the rest of the vaccines for me and my friends.  She said that I would not.  I said I would.  She said, in that case, if I was so excited about injections then she would take me straight to the vets doctor and I could have a proper dog one.  Apparently when I was last in the vets doctor place they said I could have some cosmetic works done on some of my teeth.  My right jaw isn't quite proper after some mischief when I was little and some of my teeth are not too straight.  Well, I know what teeth are but I don't what cosmetic means.  My teeth work fine and I haven't got any pain.  And Mistress says it would be a lot of anaesthetic which might be a bit dangerous.  It would cost nearly a thousand pounds, but Mistress said she would very gladly pay it if I really wanted it, and it would be a nice big needle too.  Really big.

I changed my mind.  I don't like injections any more.  GrannaPea will have another one, in about 12 weeks.  But she is welcome to it.  I have gone off the idea.  I am very glad that GrannaPea has had her injection and it makes it a bit safer for her.

And it's February already!  Where did January go?  I will look under the sofa tomorrow to see if it went down there.

Stay safe, be nice to each other, don't give up hope and keep smiling.

Lots of love from Gisèle x

No comments: