Friday 4 February 2011

Friday 4 February 2011

With a broken heart, I post a daytime entry.

I learned, only slightly above an hour ago, that my dear friend Angie Marshall has just died.  The shock and distress I feel is overwhelming.  I cannot bear to believe that I will never hear from her again.  Just a few days ago she mentioned that she wasn't feeling too well - and now she is gone.

Angie was one of the first people to comment on my debut blog entry, back in August 2006.  She (and Lance) have stayed with me from that time to this.

Angie's funeral takes place next week - but I am certain that she is already walking tall in Heaven.  Angie requested that, instead of flowers, donations in her memory are made to The Brittle Bone Society (Angie was afflicted with this most unfortunate condition).  www.brittlebone.org/

I will post another entry later.

Angie Marshall - you were a true friend and I loved you very, very much.

I just can't believe that I will never hear from her again.

4 comments:

Lance said...

Oh Jasper (and Ruth) I am so very sorry. I (obviously) never met Angie, but I feel like I know her just from reading her comments on your blog. This is a terribly sad day indeed.

Chin up, my friends. You are both in my prayers.

HUGE comforting hugs from across the pond to both of you.

XXOO, Lance

Keetha Broyles said...

Ruth and Jasper:

Do you mean Angie of "Can You Hear Me at the Back????"

How did you find out. I shall miss her dreadfully - - - we commented and e-mailed back and forth constantly.

I'm in shock!

Keetha Broyles said...

I made a tribute post to Miss Angie over at my blog. Several comments on her last post were dated Jan. 30 and they already knew of her passing then.

I'm still in such shock! I didn't get the opportunity of knowing her live and in person - - - but she was just the BEST in the way of bloggy friends, I can't imagine how those of you who knew her in life are feeling.

The Animal Doctor said...

Oh no...

I remember Angie, she and Lance would always beat me in leaving comments here... I am praying for her eternal rest.

:(

Secretary