Tuesday 26 January 2010

Tuesday 26 January 2010

Well, well, well.  You think you know a person.  I am utterly barkless.

I learn that not only Lance, but also Angie - and these are people that I love - would ALSO have tickled my paw as my partner so cruelly did.  In addition to this, both of these named-and-shamed miscreants dared to call into question the daintiness of my hind-paw.  Shame on you.  Shame on the pair of you.  I will have you know that, had I chosen that career-path, I could have been principal dog in the Royal Ballet.  A veritable Nureyev of Staffordshires.  Oh yes.

I notice, with much excitement, that I have got a new follower!  Yippiee!  Welcome Jayne, nice to see you.  Pay no heed to my cheeky friends.  My paws do indeed encompass daintiness and manliness in equal glory.

Quite apart from slights on my person, today my partner and I are very happy indeed.  For, this morning, my partner was engaged to go to the hospital, apropos the troublesome lump in her breast.  This was the day on which it was to be decided whether or not my partner's chest was to be carved up like a Christmas turkey.  And the answer is: NO!!!  The naughty lump has disappeared without trace - so my partner has been discharged from the consultant!  Hurrah!  Before returning to our office, my partner and her mother went out for a cup of coffee and a pastry to celebrate (I was not invited to partake of this cheery snack, but I did receive an extra chewy stick to eat in the car on the way to work, so cannot complain).

But be not deceived into thinking that the past few days have been ALL good.  Oh no.

Saturday afternoon saw my partner and I at Abbotstone - scene of many past glories and mishaps.  As I gambolled happily in the rabbit-field, delighting in the first few awakenings of Spring, I heard a voice hailing me.  You will never guess who it was - after all this time...
"You're looking well." said the voice.
"Oh NO..." I groaned, with an exasperated sigh.

It was the Buzzard.  Yes.  That Buzzard...

More "Evolution" next time...  I am so annoyed at the mere idea of the reappearance of that nauseating, parasitical, raptor that I need to go and have a lie down.

Good night.

2 comments:

The Animal Doctor said...

"Saturday afternoon saw my partner and I at Abbotstone - scene of many past glories and mishaps. As I gambolled happily in the rabbit-field, delighting in the first few awakenings of Spring, I heard a voice hailing me. You will never guess who it was - after all this time...
"You're looking well." said the voice."

Jasper, the ominous tone with which this paragraph was written was all I needed to make a correct guess. I still cant forgot how this bird tried to con you. Cant wait for the next installment.

- The Secretary

P.S thanks for cheering us on :)

Lance said...

Well, Sir Jasper, I certainly hope that when you went to have your lie down, you tucked your "dainty" paws (all four of them) safely out of human reach, so as not to tempt your Ruth again. You (obviously) know now that she can't be trusted... =)

Much love to BOTH of you.

XXOO, Lance