Tuesday 6 January 2009

Tuesday 6 January 2009

Well, it took all of five days for my new year to turn into a complete crock of sh*te. I think that may be something of a record.

I daresay you have noticed by now that this is NOT the promised "Review of 2008". The review is still under review. It will be with you shortly. But I grow sleepy, so I shall move straight to the point.

The other evening, whilst my sleeping form was being gently stroked by my dozing partner, something was detected amiss. My partner's dainty fingertips located a rather large, lumpy mass on my left flank. I was spirited off the the vets' last night and prodded by one of my surgeons.

Oh dear.

'Tis a large lump, nestling betwixt my lung and liver. The b*st*rd.

Although, I have to say that it does not hurt (apart from when I am being firmly prodded). But the upshot of the business is that I am to be ushered back to the vets' tomorrow morning for a needle biopsy, to be taken whilst I lie under sedation. I have to stay there ALL DAY and I have not been allowed any food since 9.00pm this evening.

My partner has said that I can have the good pillow tonight, which is very kind of her. I mean, I would have taken it anyway but it is reassuring to know that my appropriation of it has her blessing for once.

In one way, I am looking forward to the sleep. I have not slumbered too well of late. Since AOL closed the blogging facility and forced me to move to Blogger (still happy about that though), I have lost readers in vast swathes. I have dropped at least twenty places in the ratings and am sinking further. Is it me? Am I truly grown so irksome? I am barking to my partner about giving up the whole blogging business. She says I must take heart, though, and not despair. We very much love and appreciate the readers we DO have. And my partner says that, when I am feeling better, she will look at some new ways for me to advertise my blog - so I can turn my mind to this as I lie on the table tomorrow. Perhaps the sedative drugs may inspire me.

I am not afraid. But I am concerned in one respect. This will be the third time I have undergone a surgical procedure. Last time it was trivial, but on my first visit to the operating theatre I lost a couple of very dear friends of mine to the veterinary scalpel. I grieve for them still.

Good night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sir Jasper, I have absolutely NO DOUBT you will be just fine. After all, you have the finest care available... what else could any Princely Pup want?!?

Angie said...

Our Sal has a big lump which goes from just behind her left front leg fo about 4" along her ribcage. She has had it years and doesn't bother her at all. Vet says it's a fat lump and of no consequence. Hang on, did he say 'it's' or was it 'she's'? JOKE JOKE!

Seriously thugh, you are being very brave and we love you, me and sal.

love, Angie, xx

Jmoqueen said...

Oh no Jasper........looks like I've come back to read at the right time :( You poor thing. I sure hope the needle biopsy went well and didn't hurt too much x

MBNAD woman said...

Sir Jasper - I hope that you are recovering and are having lots of bug hugs with your Partner.