Saturday 14 November 2020

Saturday 14 November 2020

Well, here we still are.  Despite the virus, despite the lingering wafts of the Donald about the White House in the USA.  Despite even the weather, which today is wet and stormy.  I'm still me and Mistress is still Mistress.

I have been reading all about Jasper in his Evolution series and his other blog entries.  He started his blog long, long before I was even a tiny puppy.  On August 13 2006 - 2006!! - I can't even imagine what it must have been like all that long time ago...  Here is his first ever entry, which sparked the flame of this blog: The very BEGINNING.

It went on to record a lot of his life, and that of his friends (and enemies. Thankfully Peaches is no longer with us.  He has been succeeded by Merlin, cheeky - but not an evil being).  Honey is still around, and Archie, but that is all now from Jasper's day.  The blog has also had stories about me and my friend Betty.  I haven't seen Betty for a long time. I suppose she is with Jasper, Ewan and Fizzy now.  But I hope there will be lots more stories about me to come.  I am going to try to write some bits about me, although I think they might be a bit boring at the moment.  "Virus still about, had a socially-distanced walk and apart from that stayed in." gets boring very quickly if you keep barking it.

I am very glad that we have these stories of his life and his times, and the pictures.  They bring the old days to life and mean that our long-gone friends can walk beside us once more.   But, even in all of the present madness, we are doing our best. And very happy to be doing just that.

Keep smiling! Love from Gisèle x



No comments: