Tuesday 24 November 2020

Tuesday 24 November 2020

Not such a good day today, though the weather was remarkably fine.

No, today was the third (third; it doesn't seem possible...) anniversary of the sudden and tragic death of my Mistress's father and my "Mr. Roger".  He was a good man.  We went and put some flowers on his grave.

The church cat tried his best to disturb me, deliberately positioning himself in my line of vision to sharpen his claws on a yew tree.


But I ignored his prancing.  This was not the day to give him the satisfaction of a response.

It really doesn't seem like three years ago today.  I still miss him every day. And still very glad that, just for a little while, he was my Mr. Roger.

"The last enemy that shall be defeated is death." 1 Corinthians 15 v26
(and quoted in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling)

Stay safe, be nice to each other and keep smiling.

Lots of love from Gisèle x

No comments: